Wednesday, November 12

I'm making lots of pointless and uninteresting "I can't *believe* it's mid-November!" comments at the moment. Most evenings seem to be whizzing by without anything to distinguish them from one another, except maybe the TV schedule. But maybe that's just bad weather and the occasional winter bug for you.

November 5th however was enticing enough to get many of us out and about for Bonfire Night. Time Out had identified about half a dozen big displays on the Wednesday, and we'd picked Southwark Park for supposedly having it all - fireworks, food, entertainment etc. In actuality it had a display that seemed to last about 3 mins (including a very slow beginning), three hot food vans with huge queues, and nothing whatsoever to keep you in the park once the fourth minute came along. Very very dissapointing :-(. I've never been more nostalgic to the old evenings at my primary school!

So with all these nights in front of the box, what's been going on? Breaking Bad came to an abrupt halt (writer's strike, or just a short season?) which is going to leave my Sunday evenings a bit desolate.

Dead Set was great fun, grade A gore, and hats off to whoever okayed the nightly space in the schedule. Charlie Brooker's name is certainly becoming known in wider circles. All the Big Brother cameos were brilliant, although I was happy not to notice most of them :D

Heroes carries on like a bad holiday season : yet another surprise family relation is rolled out each episode, haha. My funny bone was definitely tickled by Hiro's canteena reference a couple of weeks back, the puppet-guy brought a nicely creepy element to the rogue's gallery, and it's always nice to see Peter running around playing the bad-ass with his shirt off. Afraid to say though that I was unconvinced by Sylar's volte-face, and the Suresh storyling is too much of a rip-off of The Fly for me (okay, let's call it an 'homage'). Tall Blonde Hero Girl, in whatever incarnation she is in this season, still seems a weak link compared to all the fun of the fair possible with the Parkman character. Anyone who wasn't A-list in high school though is surely delighted at the knowledge that the Cheerleader will in years to come be embracing her inner goth.

I've been tuning into Grey's Anatomy s.4 a bit more recently, but it's a love-hate thing as Meredith's tritevoiceovers piss me off *almost* as much as Carrie's in SATC.
But then, I never miss a Holby City, so maybe my opinion doesn't rate in most people's eyes :D.

No comments: