Friday, April 17

Oh dear, back again.

TV update

Well, I'm continuing to ignore the Apprentice whilst tuning into Holby City and the odd Eastenders (and isn't it) so still not quite steady on my high horse.

I would say Mad Men continues to be the biggest lure to the Box in any one week. Sharp as ever, and whilst I'm starting to feel like joining Betty for her large glasses of red wine (which appear every time she finds herself sitting around in her white negligee – now that's a stain waiting to happen) as the unfulfilled/betrayed housewife ennui circles on and on, you have to applaud the show that can also fit in that absolutely perfect shot of Joan rubbing her red raw shoulders at the end of an unappreciated head-held-high and body-held-in day at the office. Elizabeth Moss continues to do everything by almost doing nothing at all, and the recent Ken/Sal tease was played just right. I'm still not quite sure about Colin Hanks' guitar-playing priest, but I'll sit back and see how it develops.

I started to watch Skellig, the Easter special on Sky One. Sure, it's a family film, but who can resist a cast of Tim Roth, Jon Simm, Kelly MacDonald and one-of-those-kids-from-Son-of-Rambow (Bill Milner)? Sadly I got bored 15 minutes in. I know, I know , I'm usually the uber-advocate of “don't judge 'til you've finished it” and even then I like to be tactful. But on the other hand, I'm increasingly feeling I need to reduce the amount of time spent sitting in front of the ol' telly and poor Skellig has suffered at the hand of this latest policy. Tsk. Equally I'm afraid Robin Hood has gone the same way after I spent the first five minutes of the new season in stitches (very childishly) at the new hairlengths of our eponymous hero and his rival Guy, and their sudden inability to speak at any level below “roar”.

Doctor Who was watched of course, with all the attention I could muster. But then that's more of a religion that a past-time isn't it?

I still have “Five Minutes of Heaven” sitting on my iPlayer so verdict on that to come.

More to follow.

No comments: